Wednesday, July 6, 2011

more. MORE.


Many cities of men he saw and learned their minds,
many pains he suffered, heartsick on the open sea...

Homer, The Odyssey



Southern Lebanon.


Southern Lebanon.


or if your wish be to close me, i and
my life will shut very beautifully, suddenly,
as when the heart of this flower imagines
the snow carefully everywhere descending

e.e. cummings, somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond



Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A.E. Houseman, Into My Heart an Air That Kills



Momo's, Beirut.

There is a Moroccan-themed lounge downtown (original location, London) that uses cute coasters printed with Moroccan sayings. It's funny how things can get lost in translation.


Delicious pastry at Momo's. Vanilla cream puff with passion fruit gelee.


Downtown Beirut.


Postcard for a pop-up shop, Beirut.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Maggie:
    Such a splendid mix of favourite lines of poetry [e.e. cummings always in the top spot for us] and beautiful images, all of which combine to give a taste of your most interesting and fascinating country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what Jane and Lance have posted. I agree with them and have this cool breeze sensation as I've read your last two posts.

    More. More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More great pictures, and I loved the poetry insertions.

    "More. More!"

    I can agree with this... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hattatts: Thank you for your wonderful comments. Perhaps one day you can join us for a tour!

    Suze: Cool breeze? Like, Sea Breeze? :)

    Hektor: If there is anything this Leo loves, it is encouragement! (And I am encouraged...thanks!)

    ReplyDelete